Latisse (bimatoprost ophthalmic solution, 0.03%) is a prescription medication that is FDA approved to help lengthen, thicken, and darken eyelashes.
It has the same active ingredient (called a prostaglandin analog) as a drug used for treating glaucoma.
Please keep the following considerations in mind when choosing to use Latisse:
- Latisse is not approved for people under the age of 18 or for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Latisse should not be used by anyone other than the person to whom it was prescribed.
- If you wear contact lenses take them out before using Latisse, and wait 15 minutes after using the drug before putting your contact lenses back in your eyes.
- Do not reuse the single-use applicator for this drug or contaminate the bottle by allowing the bottle tip to come into contact with any other surface.
- Side effects can include burning, redness, irritation, darkening of the eyelid skin, and darkening of the iris.
Please call Mid Ohio Eye at (614) 488-8000 or request an appointment here to be evaluated for Latisse.